Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Malay movie/drama

Just read my friend who turned film/drama director cum script writer's facebook notes. Talking about Malay movie/drama produced now days are just low quality in terms of story line and using recycle ideas from foreign drama/film.

I contributed to the discussion on one friend's remarks about the possibility of a malay science fiction based on astrophysics theory? Something like Stargate on collaboration with universities' professor. Well, there is one lecturer turned film/drama director, watched what he produced? I bet, you know the answer.

What do you think I wrote? Well here goes:
I don't think Malay drama/film director will have time or the brain (tho' not all) to do all the research on such genre - something like a rocket science kinda thing. I am sure if there is such attempt, end up no one will watch the movie/drama. Any one agree, show your support.

I have been wanting to discuss about this for years.-- There is this tv3 drama - Ayuni or what but the main character is Ayuni, starring Umi Aida. She had cancer and before she get to be hospitalized suddenly she lost her hair. Over what I don't know. This is one classic case director/script writer never do homework. You don't loose hair over cancer but the treatment of cancer ie chemotheraphy or radiation. Viola... I rest my case. How did I know? My mom was a cancer patient then. - end -

*sigh* Either I start telling to the tv what to do or I start counting my stars. One ... two ... threzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ.

No comments: