Friday, November 21, 2008

Alfatihah for Jay, My cousin brother

Mom called today to say that My cousin brother, Jay has ended his one year struggle and fight against lung cancer. Alfatihah to him ....

We seldom speak to each other as he is so used to be the only one at home. At the age of six he followed my auntie to New York. My auntie, a single parent, together with Jay furthered her studies at Syracuse University, New York. My old schoolmate, who studies there used to baby sit Jay when my auntie were busy with her studies and need to go to Uni. Saw them in the pictures she showed me during one of my visit to their place in Shah Alam. The longest conversation we had was when better half and me visited him at University Hospital PJ. He looked good. Waiting for another chemo treatment before discharged. He also had an operation a few months back. My auntie said the operation went well. It had been quite sometime since I last heard from her.

Jay, is my auntie's only son and child. I know it's hard for a parent to be outlived by their children. It's especially hard when it's your only one. For my auntie... be strong. May Allah bless his soul and place him in Jannah.

1 comment:

lala said...

Al-fatihah. Dari Allah kita datang, pada Dia juga kita pulang...huhu