Sunday, November 16, 2008

Forgetting my blog?

It's been more than a month since I last updated my blog. Lots of things has happened.

One incident -- my friend that I looked up as an elder sister lost her mom. Her passing was some what a relieved to my friend as to end her mom's misery. She has not been well for quite sometime and arwah can't take solid food for months now. She hardly eaten. In one point of life you have to let go. I only knew she was not well a week before. My friend kept telling me that she's ready with anything and every time she when back to KL for work commitment, she was ready that would be the last time she saw her mom alive. It was just another ordinary drive back to visit my parents but her sms that Friday evening brought the news and decided we should visit her the next day. It was not planned.

My hubby's former boss, who is one of her best friends, came. Hubby's former boss said arwah was as old as her mom but she lost her more than 10 years ago. As we chatted away, we opened the veil that covered her face. We looked at her cold but calm face as if she was only sleeping. She doesn't look that old only her white hair showed. I remembered last year's raya, when I came, she can no longer walk. In a sitting position, she was dragging her body from the toilet after taking her wudu' to perform her asr prayer as the call for prayer were aired in TV. There we were, strong and healthy still chatting away forgetting the time.

Earlier, when hubby and I first arrived, there were 3 makciks preparing the "kain kafan" and gossiping and chatting away about this lady who lost her husband, this man taken another lady for his 3rd wives and etc..etc... I raised one eye brow to my friend. She was in grieve but her comment was short: "Well... life must go on". I agreed but these mak ciks has lots of "sense of humour to start their day". I can't stay long as there is also a tahlil organized by dad at home. My father's only brother of the same mom and dad is already home. My dad is so excited to have his brother coming over. At the old age, your siblings are the one you rely on. To share the memories you had with your parents just to relive what they have shared together. When my brother sent Pak Long to the bus station, saw my dad shed his tears that wells in his eyes.

While writing I suddenly forgot what had happened in the one long month. Hahaha...

No comments: